homemade face scrub : coconut oil

With winter upon us I had been feeling the need to have really good face exfoliant to rid myself of dry skin. So late one night I decided to investigate recipes for homemade face scrub. 
This is what I came up with, which is an incredibly simple homemade face scrub. 


2 parts coconut oil
2 parts baking soda 
1 part manuka honey 
Mix and store in an air tight container.

Apply a small amount to face and lips with fingertips, rinse several times with warm water and facecloth.

I only make as much as I need at the time, so 1 part  = 1tsp would be enough for a couple of scrubs. But you could make in large quantities and store in the fridge. I added manuka honey due it's natural healing properties. It is really fine exfoliant which feels really nice. I believe it is suitable for sensitive skin.

Also great for hands and feet.