pork and corriander dumplings

Everyone loves dumplings don't they? We sure do, and regularly go to try out local dumpling places our favourites being Grand Habour for Yum Cha, and Barilla Dumpling on Dominion Rd for cheap eats - it's so bustling with energy. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

I grew up with my Grandad and Mum making huge batches wontons to deepfry or make soup with, they are still the best I've ever eaten. I've made wontons before but couldn't master the fold. I find dumplings however are really easy to make, and cook in a simple bamboo steamer.


PORK AND CORRIANDER DUMPLINGS
Ingredients:
500g pork mince
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
4 teaspoons fined grated ginger
4 spring onions finely sliced
fresh corriander - a big handful shredded
30 x dumpling wrappers

Method:
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. 
2. Take one dumpling wrapper and cup it your hand, fill with 2 teaspoons of pork filling. 
3. Brush edges with water and pinch to seal along top edge.
4. Steam in a bamboo steamer over a pot with quarter fill with boiling water for approx 5 mins.

Makes 30 dumplings

I got my steamter at Wah Lee's. I think I need to go get a bigger one though.
Moo loves them!