around my house : three


With Halloween only days away I wanted to share some Day of the Dead items from around my house. They are on display all year round but take pride of place this week.
Day of the Dead is actually on November 1, a celebration connected to the Catholic holidays of All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day (November 2). It is the opportunity for people to remember those who have passed, they visit the cemeteries and decorate the graves of loved ones with their favourite flowers, food etc.
A few years ago I was lucky enough to experience Day of the Dead in Mexico. I will never forget the color and chaos of the celebrations.
This little skeleton in a box (above) actually came for Olvera Street the Mexican heart of LA. It is tiny, matchbox sized the detail is amazing, I love this little diorama.
This candle was a wedding favor by Tiffany Jeans, these favors inspired her to create her gorgeous candle business Curio Noir.
These pottery skull beads which Mima loves also came from Oaxaca in Mexico.



This odd pottery cup also came from Mexico.

Happy Halloween and Day of the Dead!